While various materials have been explored for dental implants, titanium has emerged as the go-to choice for this innovative tooth replacement procedure.
Why Titanium is Used?
It is used for dental implants for several important reasons:
The Need for Biocompatibility
One of the primary reasons titanium is favoured in dental implantology is its outstanding biocompatibility. Biocompatibility refers to the ability of a material to coexist harmoniously with the human body without causing adverse reactions. Titanium exhibits exceptional biocompatibility, ensuring that it integrates seamlessly with the surrounding bone and oral tissues.
Osseointegration is the process by which the dental implant fuses with the jawbone. Titanium’s unique property allows it to form a strong bond with the bone, promoting stability and longevity. This ensures that the implant can withstand the forces of chewing and biting, making it a reliable choice for tooth replacement.
Another significant advantage of titanium is its resistance to corrosion. In the moist and acidic environment of the mouth, some materials may deteriorate over time. However, titanium remains highly corrosion-resistant, ensuring the implant’s integrity and durability for years to come.
Lightweight and Strong
Titanium is renowned for its impressive strength-to-weight ratio. It is incredibly lightweight while maintaining exceptional strength. This is crucial for dental implants, as they must endure the pressures of everyday oral functions without adding unnecessary bulk or weight.
Some individuals may have concerns about allergic reactions to dental materials. Titanium is well-tolerated by the human body, making it an excellent choice for those with sensitivities or allergies.
Longevity and Low Maintenance
Once a titanium dental implant is successfully integrated, it can last a lifetime with proper care. Unlike other materials, titanium implants do not require special maintenance or frequent replacements, providing a cost-effective solution in the long run.
Alternative to Titanium for Dental implants
While titanium is the most commonly used material for dental implants, there are alternatives, such as zirconia. Your dentist will recommend the best option based on your specific needs.
Is Titanium Safe for Individuals with Metal Allergies?
Yes, titanium is generally considered safe for individuals with metal allergies, as it is biocompatible and rarely causes allergic reactions.
How Long Does the Osseointegration Process Take with Titanium Implants?
The osseointegration process with titanium implants typically takes a few months, during which the implant fuses with the jawbone.
Why Choose Tooth Doctor for Dental Implants in Essex
- Expertise and Experience: We boast teams of highly experienced and skilled dental professionals in Basildon, Brentwood and Stanford-le-Hope of Essex and Thurrock who specialise in dental implantology. With years of expertise, we’re well-equipped to provide you with the highest standard of care.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: Our practice is outfitted with cutting-edge technology, including 3D imaging and digital scanning, which allows for precise planning and placement of dental implants. This ensures the best possible outcomes for our patients.
- Bespoke Treatment: We recognise that every patient is unique. Our approach to dental implants is tailored to your specific needs and oral health, ensuring a personalised treatment plan that aligns with your goals.
- Single Implant from £33.25/Month: We offer an initial consultation for £90, where you can discuss your implant needs and receive personalised treatment recommendations. Our single tooth implants start from just £1,995, or you can choose our convenient financing option of £33.25 per month for 5 years.
- Convenience Locations: With two locations in Essex and one in Thurrock, we are easily accessible to serve you better.
- Post-Implant Care: Our commitment extends beyond the implant placement. We offer guidance on post-implant care and regular follow-up appointments to ensure the long-term success of your dental implants.
- Proven Results: Our track record speaks for itself. See what our patients say below. We have a history of delivering outstanding results, helping numerous patients regain their smiles, confidence, and oral function with dental implants.
What Our Patients Say
Our Location in Essex and Thurrock
Tooth Doctor proudly serves the community of Essex and Thurrock with three conveniently located dental clinics. Whether you’re in Basildon, Brentwood or Stanford-le-Hope, a top-tier dental experience is just around the corner. The Basildon clinic is situated at 7 Market Pavement SS14 1DD. The Brentwood clinic is at 27 High Street CM14 4RG. The Stanford-le-Hope clinic is at 26 Corringham Rd SS17 0AH. They are all easily accessible both by car and public transportation. With ample parking options and proximity to major transit routes, getting to us for your dental treatments is a breeze. No matter which surrounding area you’re coming from, Tooth Doctor ensures a smooth journey to a brighter smile!
Book an Appointment
Interested in getting dental bridge treatment near you at one of Tooth Doctor’s Essex or Thurrock practices? Simply fill in the form below. A member of our team will get in touch with you shortly.